We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Events Producer
Salary: £32,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Closing date: November 15
What you would be doing
Intelligence Squared, the leading live events and media company, hosts live debates and events on stage in London. We bring together thought leaders, top authors and and other prominent personalities to engage in high-level conversation about the most important issues of our day.
We are looking for a Producer to help lead on our in-person events programme. The successful candidate will be bursting with ideas and will know how to take those ideas and turn them into brilliant live events.
The Producer will be responsible for all aspects of the event, from start to finish, and must be able to complete all tasks without support.
The successful candidate will have an insatiable curiosity about the news and about books. They will have relationships within the publishing industry or will be unhesitating about developing those relationships. They will have great attention to detail and care very much about spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing clear copy. They will embrace the logistical side of putting on an event as much as the intellectual side. They will be ambitious to grow the number of events produced and will see challenges as opportunities.
- Generate initial event ideas and present those ideas in editorial meetings
- Identify and recruit prominent, articulate, diverse and newsy speakers and moderators
- Handle release forms for all speakers
- Organise briefing calls and rehearsals with speakers, co-ordinating the timetables of everyone involved
- Create briefing documents, scripts and accompanying visual assets such as slideshows if required
- Ensure each event event goes smoothly
- Work with the rest of the Intelligence Squared team to make sure the events are aligned with the editorial values of the company
- Manage bookings with venues
- Coordinate with our bookseller partner
- Introduce events you have produced on stage with confidence
- Build event pages on our website
- Coordinate with our marketing team to ensure events are promoted effectively and appropriately
- Own the profit-and-loss statements for each event
- Reach average profit targets for each event and embrace ways to increase profit margins
- Schedule and produce online events as well as in-person events
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- You will have three years of experience working in events, media or a related field
- You might have deep experience in producing events or you might have broad experience and a skillset that isn’t a direct match but is deeply impressive and would help you adapt quickly to the way Intelligence Squared produce events
- You will be as comfortable with digital products as you are with in-person events
- You will be extremely organised and able to act as a bridge between publicists, speakers, venue managers, editorial colleagues and the technical production team
- You will be prepared to go above and beyond for your colleagues and the company
- You will be a fluid, fast, careful writer
- You will be someone who, when the pressure grows, becomes calmer
- You will be loyal to your colleagues, entrepreneurial and equally passionate about growing the business, promoting civil debate and being inclusive in your understanding of what makes a great event
- It is important that you are OK with working late to accommodate events in venues
Salary & benefits
- £32,000-£35,000 per annum
- An additional week of holiday entitlement between Christmas and New Year in lieu of working late at events during the year
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: November 15, 2023