Intelligence Squared has established itself as a leading forum for live, agenda-setting debates, talks and discussions in London and around the world. Founded in London in 2002, we also operate in New York, Sydney, Hong Kong, Athens, Israel and Chile. Our events reach millions of people globally through live-streaming, YouTube, television broadcast on BBC World News and our weekly podcast.
Past speakers include President Jimmy Carter, Stephen Fry, Patti Smith, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Eric Schmidt, Martin Amis, Sean Penn, Steven Pinker, Richard Dawkins, Michael Chabon, Germaine Greer, Christopher Hitchens, Grayson Perry, Jaron Lanier, Rob Lowe, P.J. O’Rourke, Zaha Hadid, Dan Pink, Naomi Wolf, Dominic West, Salman Rushdie, Jeffrey Sachs, Gore Vidal and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
In addition to our public programme we also collaborate with a number of partners on bespoke events including Google, Selfridges, Save the Children, Shell, Saatchi Gallery, OECD and the Victoria & Albert Museum.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are a journalist, film maker, designer, digital marketer, event producer or anything else and you’d like to work with us, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Time Opportunities (1)
Senior Marketing and Press Manager
Location: London (Notting Hill Gate)
Intelligence Squared is seeking a Senior Marketing and Press manager for our global headquarters in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, bright and data-driven candidate to work directly with our Managing Director to shape the organisation’s external communications and marketing strategy.
The candidate will work across our sell-out live events, social media platforms and our podcast and online videos, which have millions of listens and views respectively. They will also work with our high-profile partner organisations to build event-specific communication strategies which include PR, social, digital and newsletter marketing.
The role requires an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strategic and problem-solving mind and a strong interest in current affairs and contemporary culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with a network of target print and broadcast journalists to keep Intelligence Squared front of mind for news, comment and feature opportunities
- Managing our email marketing strategy with weekly newsletters to our database
- Growing the global online audience for our podcasts on iTunes and SoundCloud and our videos on YouTube
- Managing Intelligence Squared’s Twitter and Facebook pages and drafting content plans for each
- Helping to develop events and putting forward ideas for speakers that ensure excellent editorial content, but also yield media opportunities
- Project-managing the creation of marketing assets including animations, infographics and highlights reels
- Liaising with our partners on a daily or weekly basis
- Measuring analytics for our website, videos, podcast and social platforms
- Staying abreast of significant marketing and communications developments that could help Intelligence Squared
- Working with our executive producer on compelling copy for our events and website
- Several years’ experience in a marketing and PR role (in-house or agency)
- An excellent grasp of current affairs, contemporary culture and the key figures in these spaces
- A solid network of journalist contacts on UK broadsheets, leading current affairs magazines and at BBC Radio 4
- An analytical mind, good with numbers and data crunching
- Experience of working with senior staff within an organisation on a daily basis
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- A personable approach and a creative mind
- Able to build relationships and work collaboratively with staff and external stakeholders
- At least a 2.1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Placement: 2-3 months
We are looking for a graduate to help support our live events progamme and also to help develop our overarching marketing and PR strategies. The placement will last two to three months and is based at our office in Notting Hill, London.
The candidate will be a university graduate, fluent in English with excellent writing skills. He or she will also have a good grasp of current affairs.
Those with experience within PR, marketing, events, internet start ups, social media and web development will receive priority attention. But we’re also looking for people with ideas, enthusiasm for the organisation and entrepreneurial energy.
Strong computer skills essential (Word and Excel); HTML and design skills useful extras.
Please send us a CV as well as a cover letter explaining why you would like the placement firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us on email@example.com for any relevant inquiries.